Thursday 21 June, 2007

if I get her...

(please note, this article of mine also appeared in THE STATESMAN VOICES , dated-10th feb., 2005)

FLASHBACK. It was 24th Sep., when she went up and down my body, touched me with her lips. I raised my eyebrows. She smiled and went away. That instance was unforgettable. I followed her, trying to stop her, to return the gift. She didnt stop.



Zoom out. Present tense. Friends, will you help me? I cannot concentrate on my studies any more...if I get her...When I put off the lights, sit in the corner of the room with the radio whispering, thoughts of her prick at the back of my mind. She comes and just steals me, conscience, my sleep, my dream. I know I'm stupid because I think that by closing the doors and windowsshe can be blocked from boggling my mind.

But she is omnipotent. I pull my blanket well over my head. Hide inside it. Again, its shows my stupidity for she winds her way inside. Buzzing that special 'bell' that is cordially invited by my eardrum. But like a dream she vanishes... Her touch, her thought, her presence, her down-to-earth kind of attitude has simply taken my breath away. When I see her playing with the stray dogs, giving equal attention to everyone, and showing the same gentle behaviour towards me makes me feel so obsessed.



She tortured me a lot. I couldnt sit for my half yearly exams because of her. I want to reach out to her but dont know her name. Hardly any means of talking to her...total communication gap.



Its the unkindest cut in my life for I see it on the television, happening to neighbours, happening to lakhs and lakhs of people... it even made me stop going to school. I used to spend most of my time in the bed and think... if I get her...



I was totally blank, on the verge of extinction, becoming her prey. It still shakes me. Thank God, I have snapped out of it now. I know "it is easy when you are in prosperity to give advice to the afflicted" but friends, I am serious and dont want anyone else to bear the same pain.



Do use repellents and sleep inside mosquito nets to avoid becoming "her" victim and suffer from malaria...



Yes, if only I could get my hands on her...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

man, sarcasm. good one.

very vaguely remember this one. back then, i used to religiously read voices every week.

no voices guy can resist blogging his newspaper stuff. shobai kore.
welcome to blog world.

and what's with the "pink" template color?

my life said...

true yaar...thanx 4 ur precius comnt...